Monday, January 21, 2013

McCall's 6035

I've made this pattern before and it always turns out nice and fits well. I'm really liking the shirtwaist type shirts. Very versatile!

This time I did it out of a stretch cotton that I bought recently on a shopping trip with hubby. I wasn't going to buy it but it was what I wanted to try so of course he couldn't figure out WHY I wasn't buying it when I found it. LOL He's so practical! Trouble is... he doesn't calculate the budget! I bought it with his encouragement though :-)

It has much more stretch in it than I had anticipated but it turned out okay. I think. I'll know more after I wear it a couple times. I'm thinking it will probably be a winter shirt as the stretch stuff will make it too warm for summer. It's really rather heavy.

I sewed a size 18 and this time I took out the extra bulk in the princess seams on the back. They were a bit too large the last time so I just trimmed them down about 5/8 inch each in the main curve.

I like the button up cuffs on this shirt. Easy to sew but gives it a bit of detail. Next time I think I'll top stitch the tabs before applying them to the shirt.


Next up littlest one's quilt.......



4 comments:

  1. Looks like a shirt you will get a lot of wear out of. Usually shirts or blouses alone are too cold and uncomfortable for me in the winter but I can see where this material would be okay. I like the style on the pattern with the short sleeves, too. Maybe in a gingham for summer? Would look cute with jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh gingham... that sounds fun. Blouses alone used to be cold for me too - not at this point in my life though.... the hormonal changes help with that ;-) But mostly the wood stove helps. Today our house was 86 degrees warmer than outside!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Hickery Holler Farm and I love the new sewing journal! What a wonderful way to document your sewing projects.

    Hugs Canned Quilter

    ReplyDelete