Monday, January 14, 2013

Simplicity 2698


I had made this pattern with skirt E and waistband B - I love it and others say it looks good on me. So I thought I would change it up a bit and this time I did skirt H with waistband B. I did NOT like how the waistband attached for skirt H and I also didn't like the extra pleat in the middle.

I will make this skirt again for sure but I will go back to skirt E and waistband B. I will lengthen it 2 inches or so the next time though. Skirt H was long enough but skirt E is not as long as I would like. Got all that? That's ok if you didn't - its just meant for my notes :-)

Size 20 again but this time I had to take up an inch in the waist because with this navy blue sportswear it ended up a titch too big. Can anyone tell me why a person that wears a 14 in ready-to-wear has to sew a size 20? That is just dumb.

2 comments:

  1. It drives me so crazy that sizes aren't consistent. Would that be so hard for the clothing industry to do? I have jeans in my closet right now (yes, I do) that are labeled Size 8 through Size 16. And they all fit. What's wrong with this picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea how that works! I too have RTW jeans that are from size 10 - 16 that all fit. For patterns I usually have to use an 18 or a 20 and then make adjustments sometimes.

      Delete