Monday, February 3, 2014

Hooded Sweatshirt (Dress?)


After many years my hubby said he'd buy me a cover stitch machine! I was ecstatic! While I was researching and waiting for the funds, I started playing with my current serger. While it's not designed to be a true cover stitch machine it has the ability to do a cover lock stitch. I had fun playing with it with this outfit. It's not perfect but not bad for my first attempt. The money had to go to buy us a new family vehicle so it's a good thing that I figured out that my current serger has fun capabilities.... maybe a real cover stitch machine will be in my future some day.... that is if the cars ever behave themselves. :-(



Ottobre 4/2013 - #28 - The Pentagram hoodie - size 146 with no alterations.

Ottobre 4/2013 - #30 - Segment leggings - size 146 with no seam allowances added - just sewn as traced.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, she loves it too so I guess it's a winner :-)

      Delete
  2. That's a new one on me. I had never heard of a cover stitch machine. Read up on it a little bit and can see that a real seamstress like you would use one a lot. Here's hoping the fund for getting you one builds up quickly!

    I can see why your daughter loves her new outfit. Your "homemade" clothes look just like "store bought" except yours are made so much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mama Pea, I do fight the urge to covet a coverstitch machine LOL This week I've been making knit tops for myself and hubby and while it would be nice - it's not necessary. I could use that money for oh so many other things... so we shall see....

      Delete
  3. That's so cute! Perfect cozy winter shirt/dress.
    Oh, and I've nominated you for a Liebster Award on my blog.

    http://betsysbaby.blogspot.com/2014/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete