Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Sprigged Calico Skirt

A simple "no pattern" cut squares turned into a gathered skirt. They are simple but so far she still likes the "prairie" look of them! I like simple!!

Two rectangles 36" wide by 30" long. Stitch them together at the sides. Finish the bottom and turn up a 1" hem. Finish the top edge and turn in 1 1/4 inches for an elastic casing. Cut 22" of elastic inserted into casing. Overlap the elastic by 1" and close up the casing.

I think there is a lot of fabric gathered at the waist and it would bug me but she seems not to mind!


3 comments:

  1. You've been busy at the sewing machine! No wonder you like to sew . . . you're so very good at it. I have this same fabric that you used for your daughter's skirt. The hooded denim shirt for your son will soften up as it's washed, don't you think? Yep, your boys are looking pretty spiffy with their coordinated outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mama Pea for the compliment. I do alright but I see other stuff on line and I literally drool. Some of these gals are so very talented!! I do enjoy it and like to put out things where I am frugal to the max!!

      Delete
  2. Love your daughter's skirt.. The fabric is so cute..
    So proud you came by my blog, and I discovered yours.. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete