Thursday, June 13, 2013

Recieving Blankets and Burp Cloths


Recently a friend at church asked me to sew some receiving blankets and burp cloths.

Here are the burp cloths. They are out of a lime green and a blue and purple peacock fabric that she supplied. They turned out ok but not as nice as I had hoped.

Here is an action shot of the blankets being used!! Isn't he adorable?!??!?!!

I had machine troubles (due to naughty children which cost me $120!! Oooh Mama wasn't happy at all!!!!) and had to sew these on my oldest daughter's machine.  I am so thankful for my extra features on my machine! Especially my needle up/down and my F foot for doing edge stitching!!!!!!! So glad to have it back now.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty burp cloths. Nice. When our daughter was a babe (42 years ago), all we used were pre-folded cloth diapers. These are much nicer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too used cloth diapers for burp cloths. My friend just asked that I use the fabric up in this way, so as not to waste. It wouldn't have been enough for a 3rd blanket. My friend is the type that will use lots of diapers as burp cloths too!

      This explains why Chicken Mama is so resourceful ;-)

      Delete