Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Ottobre T-shirt



A black T-shirt for Big Little Guy.  Just trying this one out with some scrap fabric. I ordered some nice single knit jersey to make some summer T's for him. In the mean time while I wait for the fabric to arrive, I thought I'd play around with the binding methods from Ottobre.

This is from Summer 3/2012 - #24 - size 122. I lengthened it by 2 inches but then hemmed it up 1 1/2 inches and it is plenty long. I can't get over how well these Ottobre patterns fit my skinny kids!

The neck hole turned out a tiny bit big but I'm not sure why. I'm thinking of cutting the binding a tad bit shorter next time.

The directions called for the binding to be cut 4cm wide. Next time I'll try 5cm. It was a bit narrow to have enough on the right side and still catch the wrong side in the top stitching.

I look forward to trying some contrasting binding, fun prints with solid binding, and..... lots more ideas. Kids can never have enough T-shirts can they?

4 comments:

  1. Yep, t-shirts are so comfortable for kids to wear every day. And yet a colorful, new one can be worn for a fairly dressy occasion with a good pair of jeans or pants. And I'm sure any that you make will be of much, much better quality than you could buy. Love seeing these clothes you're making!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks Mama Pea, my one and only devout follower LOL I haven't spread the word because it was designed to be a journal, mostly for me. But I sure do appreciate you following along and sharing your wisdom. I have to have someone critique my stuff!! You're so insightful! It would be fun to spread the word but that would mean less time to sew right?

      Delete
  2. Well I'm here reading but can't always post from my phone. :)
    I love your sewing and am inspired each time I see what you're making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becki. You are so kind. I do so love to sew and would rather be doing that than anything. I wish I would improve a bit faster but if I were a turtle I'd be happy because I do see improvement over the years - just wish I was as good as the other blogs I follow LOL

      Delete