Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hooded Denim Shirt

Catching up today.... I've been sewing a bit but not blogging stuff. I'd rather be sewing LOL

I always find it amazing that my children walk up to the fabric stash, pull something out, and say, "Mom can this be a ..... for me?"  He wanted pants but I talked him into a shirt. The pattern is designed for flannel and that's on the docket soon. The denim is a bit stiff and makes it a bit jacket like. It is also a bit big but a mom has to keep ahead some how right?

Ottobre 6/2013 #17 "Forest" again. But for a different child. This time with a hood and ribbed cuffs. I did use the same size body - 134 as the boys are so close in size now-a-days. It's a bit big but not too big that it would have been worth my time to retrace a different size. Fabric was a freebie striped light weight denim from a friend.


It looks okay I guess but I think it'll be better out of a flannel.  We shall see...


1 comment:

  1. Adorable.... both shirt and boys.. I love the hood on them.. Great job.

    ReplyDelete