Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tunic and Leggings for Little Miss

These were done a couple days ago but I haven't "caught" her for a photo shoot.


The shirt/dress (tunic) is McCall's MP424 size 8 with no alterations.  I seriously considered making an alteration to the sleeves because I don't like how they roll up the wrong side of the fabric into the cuffs.  But Oldest daughter said they looked fine so I went with it.


The leggings are Simplicity 2156 size 8, lengthened 2 inches. And they were still a bit on the short side.  I stupidly cut out two pairs at once too so the next pair will also be a bit short.  They come to her ankle bone which is what the pattern picture shows.  I think leggings can be any length and work okay. So not a huge deal.

This is my silly girl who wants so badly to grow her bangs out like her big sister. So she lives in a headband.  Don't you just love the bare feet in the dead of winter too? None of my kids like to wear socks LOL Saves on the sock bill for sure! We heat with wood so our home is always toasty warm - just like summer!

I'm thankful she loves to wear mama sewn clothes and is doing very well on her own sewing too!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable outfit! (Cutie-patootie girl, too.) I think the length of the leggings is just fine. As you say, they can be worn just about any length including right under the knee. So if she grows an inch or two in the next month (as they sometimes happen to do!), they will still be a good length!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing! Even that IF they don't get holes in the knees too quickly they could be used as capri leggings this spring. Highly doubtful though....

      Delete