Friday, July 8, 2016

Olive Green Deer and Doe Plantain

This was my first attempt at a full bust adjustment. I'm trying hard to follow a more modest path and it's hard when all the patterns are designed with negative ease and designed to hug the body.

This is the Deer and Doe Plantain in the biggest size with a full bust adjustment.

It kind of worked. This fabric is a a VERY stretchy jersey knit. I got it at a fabric warehouse nearby. I'm thinking there is quite a bit of lycra in it. I think it's more rayon than cotton too. Because it's so stretchy the neckline ended up a bit lower than I had originally planned.

From this garment I learned that sewing can be exciting because you just really never know how things are going to turn out. You can sew a pattern 50 times and each time get a different result because fabrics are just like people - different personalities!!

If anyone knows of a nice modest scoop neck non-hugging t-shirt pattern let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment