Monday, May 25, 2015

Gathered Skirt for All Ages from Purlbee.com

Yes, it's true I have pretty much not sewn anything for almost a year. Daughter #1 got engaged in November as canning season was ending and they set a date of February 8 so we got right to work. We sewed up some table cloths and centerpieces for the wedding but I never took any pictures. When the wedding was done, I tried to find a new routine and rhythm to life and the first week of April my back went out - BAD! Worst it's ever been. I've been to the chiropractor and sat on the couch for weeks trying to heal it.

Today I was finally able to finish up a skirt for Little Miss that I started the week before my back went out. It's the Gathered Skirt for All Ages by Purlbee that I read about on Soulmama's blog. Gave it a try! Love it! So does she! I'm thinking I might even try one for myself but I'm wondering if it will make my butt look big(ger) LOL

For her I sewed the 10-11 year size in width but the 12 year size in length. She's a tall one that one! The fabric is a cotton twill that I had in my stash. It was just on the border of being too heavy weight. I wouldn't go any heavier on the fabric or it will turn out lookin like a big umbrella!

She loves it and it went together quite easily so I'm thinking a few more are in our future.

I have one other item that I began some time this winter that hopefully I'll be able to finish now too. It's a hunter green skirt for myself. I've gotten a few Ottobre mags in the mail these past months and they are so temping. Hoping that I'll be able to sew a bit here and there without hurting. Hoping I never have to give up my sewing. Still wondering how I'll help hubby keep up with the weeding this summer but.....

1 comment:

  1. Oh, darn! So, so sorry to hear of the trouble you've been having with your back. There's nothing like a physical infirmity to put a big crimp in your life and what you want to be doing. Saying a prayer that whatever has gone whacky in your back heals soon.

    I love the skirt, cute pockets on the side and all. I've always like gathered skirts with a defined waistband. As far as that style making my backside look big(ger!), I choose to believe it's totally hidden under the folds. I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete