Sunday, November 3, 2013

Grayish Blue Stretch Woven Shirt

I am desperately STILL in need of clothes. My wardrobe has been bad for several years and I've limped along. It's hard when you're sewing for 3 growing children at the same time ya know?

But my goal is to try my best to get caught up on theirs AND remedy my sad wardrobe this winter too.

I began with Ottobre Girly Touch #8 from 5/2013. It is a size 46 with dart adjustments that were made in process but will definitely be used in the future from the beginning. The darts have already been redrawn on the pattern.

I think it turned out well, possibly a tiny bit big. If I lose a bit more weight I'd attempt a size 44 with stretch cotton. If I use woven, I'll stay with the 46 I believe as I think the only reason it is a the larger size is because the stretch gives me room to move.
 
I have to say it's the best fitting shirt through the shoulders and arm pits that I've sewn in a long time. Again, Ottobre knows what they're doing.

Sorry I forgot to get a back view again! It fits great across the shoulders though. So here is another front view.

5 comments:

  1. So many "homemade" garments look . . . well, homemade. But yours sure don't! What a nice, plain white blouse. Do you know a blouse like that sells for $50-60 in all the clothing catalogs I get? You've got a gold mine there in those talented fingers, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops, grayish-blue. I shouldn't have called it a white blouse although that's the color that came through on my screen. I never realized that pictures can show up in different color tones on different computer screens until my daughter (computer guru and graphic artist) explained that to me. Kind of disturbing when you want to display the true colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the color on screen thing always annoys me. It's worse for me because a photographer I am not. LOL Thanks for the kind words. I do so enjoy it, just wish there were more hours in the day!

      Delete
  3. It is such a pretty blouse and it seems you've gotten a really good fit. I'm glad to see this blouse from the newest issue made up. What a great basic.

    (It's always nice to run into another MN hs'ing blogger, and a sewing one, no less!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful blouse..Looks so nice on you.. [I so understand the sewing for everyone but your self.. Just not enough sewing time,ha]

    ReplyDelete