Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Navy T-shirt


I have been sewing Kwik Sew patterns for over 20 years. I could put their t-shirts together in my sleep.  Wouldn't ya know Ottobre has just a bit different method for binding the neck and sleeves.  I like this other method (I think) but it'll take more practice - hopefully not another 20 years!

This is another Summer 3/2012 - #24 T-shirt, size 122.  This time in navy.
Not sure yet about the V neck.  I'm going to try a regular crew neck out of Summer 3/2013 next.  It will have binding similar to Kwik Sew, it looks like :-) and now sleeve binding.  Gotta get a couple more T's for the boys done quick like.  Spring will be here soon, still hoping.
I've been doing a bit of other sewing too but I can't show you until after Mother's Day.  I also need to work on a birthday gift for a friend.  My list gets longer rather than shorter - what's up with that?? My Ottobre list keeps extending too! Such fun and up-to-date styles!! Now if my back would cooperate and let me sew, I'd be in good shape.

2 comments:

  1. Happy boy! Love that picture.

    You have inspired me. I've just purchased a pattern for a loose, cool, summer peasant-type blouse for working in the garden this year. Stay tuned . . . :o)

    What's with the back problems??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun!! Can't wait to see it! I love the peasant type tops. Usually the back just bothers me a couple of time a year for a day or two after moving too much furniture or planting a whole garden in one day. Unfortunately this time it's been hanging on for more than 2 weeks :-( and I have a LOT of garden to get in yet!!

      Delete