Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Zipper Woes

This is a heart wrenching story so get a Kleenex LOL

Remember that last pair of Ottobre pants that I made for Big Little Guy? Yeah, well we decided that they were a titch to tight for him so I whacked off the legs a smidgen, opened the waistband to snug them up just a tiny bit and passed 'em on down to Littlest Man. They fit him perfect!
Pants number 1 on Littlest Man
 So onto the tear jerker..... of course I began another pair of pants for Big Little Guy because he SO desperately needs them. I swear if I sit and watched him I could see him growing! The pants came together beautifully once again in two afternoons and I was on top of the world with Ottobre patterns. I got them hemmed up, waist adjusted, snap put on - all that was left was the back buttons. I asked him to try them on and as he took them off... are you ready for this?.... he got the zipper STUCK on the thread where I had shortened it!!!!!!!!! Aack! Oh my! Oldest Daughter and I worked at that zipper for over an hour. I have to confess part of that time I was in tears. It was the icing on a rather difficult day to begin with. That zipper was not going to budge!!!
Pants number two on Big Little Guy

The worst part was that I felt bad because I was frustrated and yelled at him. He was so sad. The next worst part was that I realized that I had screwed up by buying a 7 inch zipper instead of a 7 cm zipper like it called for. If I had gotten the right one I would never have had to shorten this one! This centimeter thing rather than 40 some years of inches is hard to relearn!!!!!!!
I interrupted their legos for a photo shoot!

Ok wipe your eyes and blow your nose. Because the story has a happy ending! After I told hubby my sob story he took a look at the pants. He got out his leatherman tool and had it fixed in less than 2 minutes! Can you believe it? He so frustrates me sometimes. Things always take me two and three times longer and harder than they do for him. I'm so glad I have my man!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We'll see how long the knees last when Legos are involved :-(
Pair number 2 was size 122 not lengthened at all. I should have lengthened them by an inch or so considering how FAST he's growing! Only change on this one was that I left off the button loops again. They don't wear belts anyway!

1 comment:

  1. All's well that ends well! I can totally empathize with your frustration. My hubby is fond of saying you have to have the right tool for the job, and it looks like the Leatherman saved the day once again. I live with someone who wouldn't be without his!

    ReplyDelete