Sunday, March 13, 2016

Onsie Gift

A very simple one this time. A simple onsie for a mom who has nothing. A friend of mine has a friend that is pregnant and recently gotten married. She has nothing so my friend threw her an impromptu shower and invited a bunch of us from church. So Friday afternoon I threw together a onsie, pulled a blanket off the shelf that I had "just in case" for a gift and wrapped them up.

The onsie only took me 3 hours from start of cutting to finishing of snaps (which I did backwards because I was talking while I did it LOL) It shouldn't have taken me that long but of course I got the chance to play with my new toy again so I had a leisurely afternoon of play. It was really just for practice on my coverstitch and I decided if it turned out alright, I'd gift it along with the blanket. Other than the snaps snapping front over back instead of back over front it was gift quality. The fabric was  a bit thin too but it'll be fine for the 3 weeks that the baby fits into it Ha!
Sad part is..... 3 hours straight in the sewing room = 3 days of back pain. I have GOT to learn to spread it out in smaller increments!!! *sigh* I have two more gifts to make this week for new mama's at church. I plan to do 20 minutes here and 20 minutes there....

It is Ottobre 3/2013 #3 "Baby Whale" raglan-sleeve bodysuit, size 56

No comments:

Post a Comment