This time I did it out of a stretch cotton that I bought recently on a shopping trip with hubby. I wasn't going to buy it but it was what I wanted to try so of course he couldn't figure out WHY I wasn't buying it when I found it. LOL He's so practical! Trouble is... he doesn't calculate the budget! I bought it with his encouragement though :-)
It has much more stretch in it than I had anticipated but it turned out okay. I think. I'll know more after I wear it a couple times. I'm thinking it will probably be a winter shirt as the stretch stuff will make it too warm for summer. It's really rather heavy.
I sewed a size 18 and this time I took out the extra bulk in the princess seams on the back. They were a bit too large the last time so I just trimmed them down about 5/8 inch each in the main curve.
I like the button up cuffs on this shirt. Easy to sew but gives it a bit of detail. Next time I think I'll top stitch the tabs before applying them to the shirt.
Next up littlest one's quilt.......